Quantitative Lesson 87 "Acid Reactions"
Science and Technology Standards:
PA Standard 3.4.10A: Classify and describe, in equation form, types of chemical and nuclear reactions
1. I will utilize the fence posting method to solve problems.
2. I will identify properties of acids and bases.
1. No homework
1. Old Appalachian Soap Lab
Warm-Up: Complete fence posting problems.
State the purpose
II. The Lesson:
Activity #1: Turn in the final fence posting problem set
Activity #2: Complete the "Old Appalachian Soap" Lab (Flip the soap)
Activity #3: Complete the "pH Identification" Lab
Activity #4: Test the "Old Appalachian Soaps"
Activity #5: Complete and submit the following:
1. Sections 15.1 → 15.3 notes
2. Sections 15.1 → 15.3 reviews
3. Chapter 15 review
Summarize today's lesson
1. utilize the fence posting method to solve problems.
2. identify properties of acids and bases.
Homework Assignment (Write down in planners):
1. Section 15.2 & 15.3 Notes
Preview of Next Class:
2. Review of Acids and Bases